Skip to main content

The Ultimate Baby Name Tag

1. What is your own name and do you like it?
My name is Susanna Marie. I love my first name Susanna, it sounds beautiful, has tons of nickname options, and has a wonderful meaning, "Lily". I don't really like my middle name, Marie, it is extremely common, and it doesn't sound very nice. The meaning of Marie is debatable, but some of the possible meanings are not nice.
2. If you have children, what are their names and how did you come up with them?
I don't have any children, so on to the next question.
3. If you have a baby boy right now what would you name him?
I would probably name him Orion Zephyr, nickname Oz. I love this combo so much and the nickname Oz is so adorable. 
4. If you had a baby girl right now what would you name her?
I would probably name her Briley Rose. I have loved this name for a long time. I don't know why I love Briley so much, this name doesn't really resemble my usual name style. Roses are my favorite flowers and I just love the sound of the name, Rose.
5. What would you name boy/boy twins, boy/girl twins, and girl/girl twins?
Boy/boy twins: Nashua Seth and Laytham Moses. I have loved the nickname Nash for a while, so when I found the name Nashua, I fell in love with it immediately. Seth is in honor of my brother Stephen. Laytham is one of the most out there names I love, it sounds really nice to me and I love the way it looks. I love boys' names that end in s and Moses is a biblical name.
Boy/girl twins: Jasper Ross and Rumena Emerald. I have no idea why I love Jasper and Ross is in honor of my grandad, Francis Ross, who passed away a few years ago. Rumena just sounds so beautiful and I love the nickname Ru. I love gemstone names and Emerald is my birthstone.
Girl/girl twins: Lavender Mae and Jane Amethyst. Lavender is gorgeous, it is a lovely color and a beautiful scent. Mae is a family name on my mother's side and I love the way it looks written. Jane is in honor of my mom Jan and again I just love those gemstone names. Also, my favorite color is purple, so Lavender and Amethyst reflect that.
6. What would you name your ideal number of children using all names that start with the same letter? (or one letter for girls and another for boys)
I think 3 to 5 children sounds good, so I will name 5 children. 3 girls and 2 boys. 
Girls: Athena Shelby, Adria Lily and April Calliope. Athena sounds strong and beautiful and Shelby in honor of my sister, Shelby. Adria is just a really cool name and Lily because my name means Lily and it is a stunning flower name. I have loved the name April since around junior high age and Calliope has such a appealing sound to it and it has a great meaning, "Beautiful voice".
Boys: Abner Elias and Alastor Levi. Abner is handsome with a great meaning, "My father is light" and Elias means "My God is Yahweh" and it is a boy's name that ends in s. Alastor looks and sound really cool and it means "Avenger". Levi has been one of my favorite names for a long time and it is a biblical name. 
7. What would you name a boy and girl using only names from your family tree? (or the names of close friends and loved ones)
Boy: Sydney Ross- Sydney was my maternal great-grandfather's name and the middle name of my uncle, spelled Sidney. Ross was the middle name of my grandad (maternal grandfather).
Girl: Ida-Mae Shelby- Idabell is my grammie's (maternal grandmother) middle name and Mae was her mother's middle name. Shelby is my sister's name. 
8. Create a name for your child (You can choose the gender or do one name for each gender) using a) a combination of your name and your significant other's name or b) a combination of your parent's names.
Jotham- My parents' names are Jan and Thomas. The name Jotham meaning "Yahweh is upright" is an actual name from the Bible that fits perfectly as a combination of their two names.
9. You can enter a witness protection program and must choose a completely new name for yourself. What name do you choose and is their any special significance as to why you choose it?
Jade Miriam- I have loved the name Jade for a long time. It sounds like the name of a strong and beautiful girl. I would also kind of be naming myself after my mom, Jan. Miriam and Marie are both forms of Mary, but Miriam is much prettier, less common form. By using Miriam, it is like I would still be keeping some form of my original name.
10. If you could create one rule parents had to follow when naming their children, what would it be and why?
Do not be afraid to name you child a less popular, unique name. There are many great, usable, beautiful names that you may have never heard of before you discovered them.
11. Name a boy and a girl using only nature and place names.
Boy: Sydney Frost
Girl: Florence Lark
12. Name a boy and a girl using your own first and middle initials. If you don't have a middle name, select an initial of your choosing.
Boy: Silas Matteo
Girl: Scarlet Magdalena
13. Name a boy and girl using names from the most recent data of top 100 baby names in the US, linked here: https://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/popularnames.cgi
Boy: Josiah Ezra
Girl: Eleanor Piper
14. Name a boy and a girl using names from the most recent data of top 100 baby names in the UK, linked here (the top 1000 is linked, use only the top 100) http://www.britishbabynames.com/blog/...
Boy: Kai Joseph
Girl: Freya Evelyn
15. Name a boy and a girl using names from your favorite TV shows and movies.
Harry Potter movies
Boy: Remus Theodore
Girl: Rowena Alice
16. Name a boy and a girl using names of characters from books and literature.
The Hunger Games Trilogy
Boy: Finnick Romulus
Girl: Cressida Lavinia
17. Name a boy and a girl using rare letters, QXY and Z.
Boy: Yago Zechariah
Girl: Zora Yasmina
18. Name a boy and a girl using names that, for whatever reason, you would never use in real life.
Boy: Lex Julian- Lex is a little too out there by itself and I am not really a fan of Alexander. Julian sound a little girly to me because of Julie and Julia.
Girl: Georgia Adelaide- (this combo sounds so southern) Georgia and Adelaide are both beautiful names, but they sound a little too grand for me to use.
19. If you could rename a celebrity baby (or celebrity baby sibset) which one would you pick and what would you rename them? Alternative: choose the name of a friend or a friend's baby that you don't like or whose name you feel doesn't suit them and rename them instead.
I think I would rename Penn Jillette's daughter Moxie Crimefighter. I would change it to Sylvie Catarina.
20. Any last names? Do you have any names that you didn't get to mention in this tag that you have been liking recently, heard recently, or were reminded of during this tag that you didn't get a chance to mention? If not, what's the coolest name or the worst name you've heard recently?
Recently, I have discovered the name Farren for a girl. Also, I think Verity would be a cool middle name for a girl and it is a virtue name. Kolton is one of the worst I have heard of recently.
This baby name tag comes from Amelia EverthingBabyNames on Youtube:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting/Uncommon Baby Names Through the Years: 1880

by Susanna Marie  (This is a list of baby names I found on the top 1000 of the social security baby names' list. These names are names that I think are uncommon, unheard of or are ready for a comeback, and I think would be interesting to see on a baby today. All name meanings were found on behindthename.com.)   Names from the year 1880 top 1000   Boys : 1. Hyrum - number 984 in 1880, variant of Hiram, could mean "exalted brother" and it is currently not in the top 1000 of 2014. 2. Ashby - number 918 in 1880, it may be a surname name, and it is currently not in the top 1000 of 2014. 3. Willian - number 906 in 1880, unknown meaning, and it is currently not in the top 1000 of 2014. 4. Obed - number 883 in 1880, means "servant, worshipper" and it is a biblical name. It is currently not in the top 1000 of 2014. 5. Marcellus - number 591 in 1880, it is a diminutive of Marcus derived from the Roman god Mars, which means "male". It is curre

Favorites from Harry Potter

by Susanna Marie This is a list of my favorite boys' names from the Harry Potter series. J. K. Rowling did an amazing job of naming her characters and many of these names are great, usable names. Boys: 1. Alastor - This is one of my favorite boys' names with a great character association. It means "avenger" in Greek and it is currently not in the top 1000 for 2015. 2. Aberforth - this name has an unknown meaning, but I think it is a really cool name. It is currently not in the top 1000 for 2015. 3. Fred - Fred and George are my favorite characters from this series. It is a short form of a few possible names with several possible meanings: "peaceful ruler", "elf" and "counsel", "strength", or "will, desire". It is currently not in the top 1000 for 2015. 4. George - It means "farmer, earthworker" in Greek and it is currently ranked 136 in 2015. 5. Ollivander - It is a real surname and there are several

Boys Names that end in S: Part 1

In this post, I am going to talk about baby boy names that end in s and my obsession with them. I will be ranking these names on a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being a name I would love to use on my child and 1 being a name I would never use on my child. (All name meanings were found on behindthename.com). Popular S ending boys names: 1. James- This name ranks #5 in the top 1000 for 2016 in the U.S. It is an English name that is derived from the same root as Jacob. It is a classic, biblical name and it is easy to see why it is so popular. Ranking: 4 2. Lucas - This name ranks #14 in the top 1000 for 2016 in the U.S. It is a Latin form of Luke. Ranking: 1 3. Thomas - This name ranks #48 in the top 1000 for 2016 in the U.S. It is a Greek name meaning "Twin". It is a biblical name and this is my dad's name. Ranking: 7 4. Charles - This name ranks #51 in the top 1000 for 2016 in the U.S. It is an English name meaning "Man". Every time I hear this name I thin